FireSmart Canada, a division of the Canadian Interagency Forest Fire Centre, is seeking members to serve on the newly formed FireSmart Canada Advisory Committee (FCAC). FCAC’s main objective is to foster collaboration between non-governmental sectors and the government agencies involved in the evolution and implementation of the FireSmart Canada program.
The Advisory Committee will be comprised of committed individuals from business, industry, government and non-profit organizations and associations working together to enhance wildfire prevention and mitigation programming across the country and ultimately help Canadians become more resilient to wildfire. FCAC members are unremunerated volunteers who will play an integral part in helping FireSmart Canada expand its stakeholder base, grow its audience, and strengthen its programs and messaging. FCAC members will provide strategic insight to ensure FireSmart Canada can best achieve its goals.
This role is ideal for you if you:
- have a passion for relationship building and collaboration
- enjoy solving problems
- are a senior-level manager/leader within your organization
- have the autonomy to make decision on behalf of your organization
- are currently working for any level of government (Federal, Provincial, Territorial, Municipal, Indigenous), the private sector, a not-for-profit organization, an academic institution, or as an individual with recognized expertise in wildfire prevention, mitigation or suppression
- have 12-15 hours annually to commit to this role for a 2-year term
About FireSmart Canada
FireSmart Canada was founded around 2000 to address common concerns about wildfire in the wildland urban interface. Since then, FireSmart Canada has led the development of resources and programs designed to empower the public and increase neighbourhood resilience to wildfire across Canada.
FireSmart Canada operates under a mandate from the Canadian Interagency Forest Fire Centre, and is supported by federal, provincial and territorial wildland fire management agencies and partners with municipal governments and the private sector.
At FireSmart Canada, we value diversity – in strength, experience, and background. The FCAC is a safe and inclusive space that welcomes and encourages all applicants.
Apply for the FireSmart Advisory Committee
Interested persons are invited to apply directly on the FireSmart Canada website by October 7, 2022.